As a whole, you may be eligible for naturalization under Section 319(a) for the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if your
- Have already been a resident that is permanentGreen Card owner) for at the very least 36 months
- Are located in marital union with all the exact same U.S. citizen spouse during such time
- Meet all other eligibility demands under this area
In a few situations, partners of U.S. residents used abroad may be eligible for naturalization irrespective of their time as permanent residents. These partners may qualify under section b that is 319( associated with the INA.
For information associated with spouses of army people, see our people in the Military and their own families page. Additionally for information on becoming a resident that is permanent petitioning for nearest and dearest, please check out our Green Card or Family websites.
General Eligibility Needs
To qualify for naturalization pursuant to section 319(a) associated with the INA, an applicant must:
- Be 18 or older
- Be a resident that is permanentGreen Card owner) for at the very least three years instantly preceding the date of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Have now been staying in marital union aided by the U.S. resident partner, that has been a U.S. resident during most of such duration, through the three years straight away preceding the date of filing the applying or more until assessment in the application
- Have lived inside the state, or USCIS region with jurisdiction on the applicant’s destination of residence, for at the least three months before the date of filing the program
- Have actually constant residence in the usa as a lawful resident that is permanent at minimum three years instantly preceding the date of filing the application form
- Live constantly in the united states of america from the date of application for naturalization through to the period of naturalization
- Be physically present in the United States for at the very least 18 months from the three years instantly preceding the date of filing the application
- Manage to read, compose, and talk English and also have knowledge and a knowledge of U.S. Continue reading Find A Wife Abroad&Spouses of U.S. People